10 MINUTE RAMEN
KAFFIR LIME & GINGER
| Servings : 2 | Cooktime : 10 minutes | Difficulty : 2/10 |
200g medium-firm tofu
handful of broccoli
a handful of chestnut mushrooms
Knorr stock pot – kaffir lime & ginger
3 medium slices of ginger
handful of diced cabbage
2 spring onions
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 servings of wheat flour noodles
500ml boiling water
basil & coriander chopped
sriracha hot sauce
1. Wash the mushrooms, spring onions and dice them into bite-size pieces.
2. In a pot on medium high heat place 500 ml of hot water with the stockpot, ginger, and chili. If you don’t like it too hot then remove the ends from the chili, leaving the chili in two pieces.
2. While this is simmering fry off the mushroom on medium-high heat, in a pan for 5 minutes. No oil needed here as the water from the mushrooms will be enough. In the last 2 minutes of cooking the mushroom s add in the chopped broccoli.
4. Add the noodles to the simmering pot. These take about 4 minutes to cook through.
5. After about 3 minutes add in the tofu, mushrooms, broccoli, spring onions and cabbage. Let this cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve up in a bowl topped with sriracha sauce or add a dash of soy for a richer flavor.
This easy and heart warming lunch meal is so versatile, you can swap out nearly any of the veg and use up what you have in your pantry.
If you don’t like it too hot, remove the seeds from the chili and just add 2 pieces of ginger in stead of 3.
Share this recipe and Pin this to your latest vegan meals board for safekeeping!