Vegan Baked ‘Salmon’
A great fish replacement and easy summer recipe!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Nutritional note: You may not go back to ‘real salmon’ after trying this!
500g extra firm tofu block
beetroot juice (jar)
2 medium rooster potatoes
small bunch asparagus
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp seaweed or 1 whole nori sheet
1 tsp mixed herbs
lemon, salt & pepper, vinegar
Mashed potato or fries are a great swap for potato wedges. If your not a big fan of asparagus try minty peas with a little lemon and salt.
1. Slice the tofu on the diagonal and make long indentations on every side.
2. Cover with beetroot juice and allow it to soak in for a few minutes.
3. Add all of the ingredients for the seaweed paste into a blender or pestle and bash or blitz it up until as smooth as it will go. Add the paste to the under side of the ‘salmon’.
4. Slice your potatoes into discs. Pop into boiling water for 3-4 minutes before adding to your baking paper.
5. Season the potatoes and lay them onto baking paper. Next, add the asparagus in lines. Pop the ‘salmon’ on top with the paste side facing down. Season and crinkle- fold the baking paper to seal.
6. Bake for 30mins @ 200C fan.
Watch the recipe video here . . .
Is there anything tofu can’t do?
Click play to watch