| Servings : 4 | Cooktime : 40 minutes | Difficulty : 3/10 |
1 tbsp tomato puree
3 tbsp tomato passata
250g cooked / canned lentils
handful of diced mushrooms
1 red wine stock cube
250g ripe grape/cherry tomatoes
3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp plain flour
300-400 ml dairy-free milk (oat)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp dried herbs
8 large dired lasagna pasta sheets
salt & pepper for seasoning
1. Place your skillet on a medium high heat and char the tomatoes until their soft and breaking up. Mash with a potato masher to squeezeall of the juice out onto the pan. (5-8 minutes cooking time)
2. Add the stock cube, tomato puree/paste and passata. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the cooked lentils. Mix well. Set the filling aside to cool.
4. Par cook your dried pasta sheet for 5 minutes until softish. Remove these and layout flat ready for rolling. Fill 1 -2 tsp of the filling into the past sheet and roll up.
6. In the mean time leave your skittle on a really low heat and add all of the wash and chopped spinach. When this has weathered down add your rolled cannelloni on top.
1. In a saucepan add the oil or vegan butter if you prefer. When melted add in the flour and stir well. When this is combined into a dough ball/breadcrumb texture, add a small amount of milk.
2. Wisk this quickly and beat it into the dough ball. When combined add a little more milk and beat in again. Keep repeating this process until you have a cream sauce.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the nutritional yeast. This gives it a really cheesy flavor. This will melt in, in one minute. Add 1tsp of dried herbs to finish.
4. Pour the cheesy white sauce over the pasta and place in an overn for 25 minutes on 180 fan.
5. And boom your one pot meal is ready.
You can serve this along side garlic brean or a side salad. But this is a heart and full meal in itself. Enjoy xx
This recipe freezes really well. If your heating it back up in an overn then make sure to make the filling extra saucy so it doesn’t dry out on the second heating 🙂
Share this recipe and Pin this to your latest vegan meals board for safekeeping!