CHIPOTLE CRUMBLED TOFU TACO
| Servings : 4 | Cooktime : 20 minutes | Difficulty : 3/10 |
400g firm tofu
1 tsp chipotle paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tsp smoked paprika
500g red skin potatoes (roosters)
1 tsp cajun
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp paprika
2 large fresh tomatoes
1 bunch of cilantro / coriander
6 tortilla / taco wraps
1. Mix 2 tbsp of hot water with the chipotle paste and mix until combined. Crumble the firm tofu with your fingers and combine with the chipotle.
2. Add the soy and mix well.
3. Place the tofu on a lined baking tray in a pre-heated oven on gas mark 6 / fan 200 degrees C or 400 F for about 15 minutes checking halfway.
4. Clean, peal and chop the potatoes into bite size chunks, adding them to boiling water in a pot for 5-8 minutes. Check with a fork that they are tender. Remove from the pot and drain.
5. Placing a pan on medium-high heat fry the potatoes for about 3 minutes. Add in the cajun, smoked paprika and paprika. Fry for another 3 minutes until crispy, remove to a serving plate.
6. Chop the cilantro, dice the tomatoes, and slice jalapeno rings. CUt the lime into wedges.
7. On a high pan fry off the tao/tortilla shells for 30 seconds each side to warm.
8. And you’re ready to pile high your taco treat.
Share this recipe and Pin this to your latest vegan taco board for safekeeping!
This meal is so low calorie and perfect if you’re on a weight-loss journey. It’s a fast and easy lunch option that packs flavor in.
If you find the spices a little too much you can always use a little vegan mayo to cool this down.
Pulled ‘Pork’ Taco
Using Jackfruit to create the most amazing pulled pork texture and flavor. Can’t wait for you to try this. New taco recipes every Tuesday.