I love cajun but you can add any seasoning you love.
Curry powder or smoked paprika also works really well. Go nuts!
Once you get the hang of making them, you can tweak these to how you like ’em.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Nutritional note: Addictive
400g canned chickpeas
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
3 tsp cajun
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garlic granules
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 handful of fresh parsley
juice of 1 lemon
You can have this in a wrap or with an open salad and chips/fries.
1. This is an easy one. Gather all of your ingredients. Measure them out. Pop them in a blender and whiz up.
2. The key here is not to blend too much. The texture should be like sand so it can bind together.
4. Shape the mixture in small rounds. It’s much easier to fry like this than ball shapes.
5. Cook them low and slow for about 5-8 minutes until golden on the outside.
6. When their ready, on a heated wrap dd your preferred mayo (vegan) diced tomatoes, shredded iceberg lettuce, pickles, whatever topping your like. Roll it all up tight and chop in half.
This works great as a takeaway / on-the-go sandwich. You can also enjoy this with fries and an open salad. Don’t be afraid to add in some hummus either (classic!)
These little beauties have a hit of cajun so watch out. If you don’t like spicy food reduce the cajun by half.
Watch the recipe video here . . .
Is there anything tofu can’t do?
Click play to watch