MEAT FREE MONDAYS
| Servings : 6 | Cooktime : 70 minutes | Difficulty : 3/10 |
1 white onion
6/7 cloves of garlic
2 tsp tomato puree
250g chestnut mushrooms
1 can plum tomatoes
1 can green lentils
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp sage
1 tbsp soy
large handful of spinach
dried pasta sheets
1 tbsp vegan butter
1/3 cup of flour
dairy-free milk (oat milk)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
sal & pepper seasoning
mixed greens & grated carrot
1. Wash and chop the spinach and mushrooms. Mince the garlic and slice the onion.
2. Medium-high heat fry off the onion for about 5 minutes. When the onions are brown add the garlic and fry for a further 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry for 5-8 minutes.
3. Add the tomato puree and fry for 3 minutes. Add the lentils and tin of tomatoes. Let this simmer for 5-8 minutes.
4. Add a tablespoon of soy and all of the herbs. Let this simmer for a few minutes and set aside.
5. In an oven-proof dish layer up your ingredients. You really can layer them any way you like. Here’s what we did:
Layer 1 -tomato mushroom mixture
Layer 2 – fresh spinach
Layer 3 – creamy white sauce
Layer 4 – dried pasta sheets
and repeat until all of your ingredients are used up.
Top layer – cream pasta sauce
6. In a preheated oven bake for 40 minutes. Cover with foil or baking paper for the first 30 minutes so the creamy sauce on the top doestn burn. Remove the foil/baking paper for the last 10 to 15 minutes to get a gorgeous golden color on top.
1. In a saucepan melt the vegan butter. When melted add in the flour and stir well. When this is combined into a dough ball add a small amount of milk.
2. Wisk this quickly and beat it into the dough ball. When combined add a little more milk and beat in again. Keep repeating this process until you have a cream sauce.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the nutritional yeast. This gives it a really cheesy flavor. This will melt in, in one minute.
Share this recipe and Pin this to your latest vegan meals board for safekeeping!
Using Pinto Beans & Tofu to create the most amazing eggy scramble texture and flavor. Can’t wait for you to try this. New taco recipes every Tuesday.