Pulled ‘Pork’ Dumplings
These should really be called Yumplings. Yes people that’s how good they are.
If you have never tried jackfruit this is a great recipe to get started.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Servings: 2 (or 1 if you’re like me 🙂
300g (DW) canned jackfruit (in brine)
2 tsp pork seasoning
1tsp dried mixed herbs
1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
handful of broccolie
1 cup of sticky rice
1. Break up the jackfruit with your fingers. Separating out all of the stringy porky strands. Fry on a medium heat in 1-2 tbsp of oil, for about 5 minutes until the edges are crispy.
2. When its looking crispy add the pork seasoning, herbs, chili flakes, maple and soy. Fry for a further 3-5 minutes.
3. In the meantime pop your rice on to boil 6-8 minutes, until swollen and sticky.
4. When the jackfruit is ready leave to cool for a few minutes. 1 tsp of the jackfruit filling per dumpling. See the recipe video above on how to fill out the dumplings.
5. Fry the dumpling on a medium pan for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Fry off the broccoli in the same pan.
6. And just like that your ready to serve up tasty Chinese lunch.
Watch the recipe video here . . .
No bake, frozen cake. Has major frozen ice cream cake vibes about it.
Click to view