Vegan smoked ‘cod’
An easy and tasty fish replacement recipe. It’s amazing what you can do with extra firm tofu with a little imagination.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
100g extra firm tofu
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp liquid smoke
petit pois peas
Any tasty green veggies will go with this recipe. Swap out the peas for asparagus or broccoli. The potatoes wedges can easily be swapped for fries or roasties!
1. Slice and shape the tofu into 100g.
2. In a small bowl mix, turmeric, smoked paprika, liquid smoke and a little oil. And cover the tofu.
3. Medium pan, fry the tofu on all sides, for 6-8 minutes.
4. For the spuddies, peel, slice, and fry. Add a little seasoning, whatever is your fav.
5. Simmer peas for 3 minutes, add chopped mint and a tsp vegan butter.
Watch the recipe video here . . .
Tofu is one of the most versatile ingredients. You really can do nearly anything with it.
Tap through or click to view in IG